Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Here's a few pics of my 69. It is a daily (weather permitting) driver with high mileage. I bought this car in 1979 in northern California. It was already this color when I bought it, I found out later what the Z10 package included. I have all the emblems in a box, the car was shaved during a repaint in the 80's.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Have you found any areas where the original Dover White shows thru? Around trunk edges or door edges ? Just curious how good a job they did covering the white. :) Nice ride, and your solenoid on top of the wiper motor looks like mine did too. Snapped off. Do your headlight doors work? :)

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Cool Car!

Nice to see another Black Vinyl Top Z10 car survived.

Gonna paint her back to white any time soon?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you found any areas where the original Dover White shows thru? Around trunk edges or door edges ? Just curious how good a job they did covering the white. :) Nice ride, and your solenoid on top of the wiper motor looks like mine did too. Snapped off. Do your headlight doors work? :)
Click,

The orange has chipped off in several places revealing the white. The bottom of the trunk lid and around the door sills especially. It is still white under the black vinyl top. If you look at the first picture in my post above there is some white showing beneath the drivers side door where the black has flaked off. The headlight doors do work somewhat they will close by themselves, but need a little manual help to start opening.

If there is a white Z10 with a black top around I'd like to see a photo of it, I've never seen it painted that way.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool Car!

Nice to see another Black Vinyl Top Z10 car survived.

Gonna paint her back to white any time soon?
I have been wrestling with that idea since I found out what the Z10 meant. I really like it this color and have no intention of ever selling it. In my case Z10 may just mean an SS/RS with a cold air hood, spoilers, and Z/28 stripes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts