Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering some new Centerline Telstars for my 67 today. I am planning to buy a pair of 15X8's with 4.5" backspacing and a pair of 15X7's with 4" backspacing. I plan to run 255/60's on the rear and 225/60's on the front. My car is pretty low and I plan for it to get even lower so I want to make sure the tires are tucked in good enough to not rub on the wheelwell lip. I can get the fronts with 4.5" backspacing also and I am tempted to go that route--would 4.5" be too much? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am planning to buy a pair of 15X8's with 4.5" backspacing and a pair of 15X7's with 4" backspacing.
I plan to run 255/60's on the rear and 225/60's on the front. My car is pretty low and I plan for it to get even lower so I want to make sure the tires are tucked in good enough to not rub on the wheelwell lip.
I'd say you're right on for the front with 4" BS (I went 4.25 but it could have worked either way), I would definitely consider moving to 4.75" (or even 5") BS for the rear especially if you're looking to lower it (or ever consider moving to a 275).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say you're right on for the front with 4" BS (I went 4.25 but it could have worked either way), I would definitely consider moving to 4.75" (or even 5") BS for the rear especially if you're looking to lower it (or ever consider moving to a 275).

I thought the same thing on the rears but unfortunately the 15X8's with 5" backspacing are 9 weeks out from being shipped! I may just have to wait because I want the car to be low and I don't want any rubbing! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I thought the same thing on the rears but unfortunately the 15X8's with 5" backspacing are 9 weeks out from being shipped! I may just have to wait because I want the car to be low and I don't want any rubbing! Thanks for the help.
Better to wait and get a wheel with more BS than you need, then you can use thin steel spacers to perfectly center them in the well.
I got mine here: http://www.stockcarproducts.com/wheels2.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts