Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am attempting to clean the mud out that LM1 today, and in the trunk I find a set of GM wheel well mouldings. Wonder what these guys are worth. At least before the flood.....

Another bonus was what looks to be the original spare for the car:
Dated K18, 11C car, Nov 18 spare?
What's the 10 next to the date mean?
Code FC?

Thanks!

Rich

·
Super Moderator
33,598 Posts
Looks like a 'station wagon' rim because of the sunken hub within the rim, meaning it could be a 14X6 wheel.

Station wagon rims were 6 inches wide and had the same backspacing as a 14X5 wheel. So this give the car a wider stance by one inch on both sides.

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's a SW wheel, bummer. Of course the K18 date looks a little close to the 11C as well?

What's the "FC" code?

·
Registered
508 Posts
k is the manufacter....1 is chevrolet.......8 is 1968...(k18)
the 10 is for october and on the other side of the valve stem should be another number that would be the day....should be between the valve stem and the FC. not sure what FC is yet....

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's still in car jail at the port of new orleans. It may take a few weeks to get enough cars moved to get to it.

She's rough..........

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
K18 10 ()5 FC

K is Kelsey Hayes - the manufacturer
1 is for the Romulus Michigan plant that made the rim
8 is the year of manufacture (not model year)
10 is October
5 (or 6) is the 5th (or 6th) day of the month
FC is the wheel code 1969 14" by 6" drum brake

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rich,
So, what is stamped next to the FC? It could be 2 digits too.
Sorry. Just got in from work. Went and cleaned the gunk off, and yep. There is a "23" stamped between the valve stem and the "FC" stamp.

Dig Camera battery is dead, I'll charge it and snap a pic later.

So, I am guessing that means Oct 23, 1968?
That should fit well with the car as a 11C car?

Next, since the rim is painted Hugger Orange, does that mean it had dog dish rims, ie did the P08's get non painted black rims? The original owner claims it came with dog dish, but having some proof helps, is the above is correct anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.