Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting close to putting the wiring back on my car the way it was supposed to be from the factory. It has console gauges, but didn't come that way, had a hacked wiring job for them and I bought a retrofit wiring kit from Auto Wire for it. This is the problem. I pulled out wires and replaced them as the kit stated to wire the gauges correctly. Now that I am going back I have to figure out how to reverse that. Is there any diagrams that show what the wiring is supposed to be on a console equipped car vs. a gauge car? IE. The amp gauge wiring compared to the idiot light wiring under the hood? Under the dash is pretty easy to figure out but all the wiring diagrams I have seem to show a blend of both under the hood.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Did the console gauge option eliminate the gen light?

I have some real nice diagrams for a 69 for both with and w/o console gauges, and they both show wiring for the gen light. I'd assume 68 should be very similar.

I just replaced the front light harness on my 69 with an AAW factory fit, and there a harness for "with gauges" and one for "w/o gauges", and I assume the difference is the ammeter wiring.

I can e-mail you the diagrams I have if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
In all of the 67-68s I've had the Gen light was replaced with a low fuel light.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, mine has the tach in it so the lights are correct for that with the fuel light and brake light. This was added and I have an original speedo with gas gauge so I'm set to go. I just remember doing the wiring with some black/white wire to the horn relay for the alt gauge and wanted to make sure the front end was back to the way it's supposed to be for idiot lights. I have the AIM and service manuals which all have wiring diagrams, but each one is a little different. I will check the one posted and see if that will do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts