Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi First Gen Camaro Experts:

I'm trying to find GM factory correct trunk weatherstripping for a 1968 Standard Base Model Camaro with a production date of May 14, 1968. I'd be really interested in the GM part number and where I can actually find Concourse-level judging acceptable trunk weatherstripping. I've heard that Soft Seal makes a decent aftermarket weatherstripping, but I'm not sure the judges would accept it. Many thanks in advance. Tommy68

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
The original style with the white string embedded occasionally pops up on eBay. The prices are crazy - I've seen them go at over $1,000. I wouldn't spend that kind of money unless it was a very valuable first gen. IMO take the points deduction and spend the money elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
For what it's worth , I don't know anyone on this site that would recommend soft seal. Metro is what I use, and most here will probably agree. I have never had a judge say my metro seal looks off.

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Here's the part numbers for NOS GM trunk weatherstripping.
4468625, 8723802, 9825829 and 3060942.
4468625 is the original style with white string in it, Its pretty tough to find and is usually very expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts