Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have decided to go with a radio delete panel on the face of my dash. I found a company that offers a Bluetooth "receiver" that does not require a head unit and it will allow me to play music or stream from my iPhone. See Out of Sight Audio - Hidden Bluetooth Audio and Hands Free Calling for any vehicle.

Does anyone have experience with this company, or does anyone have experience with a similar solution? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Eric

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
1,007 Posts
Hi All, I have decided to go with a radio delete panel on the face of my dash. I found a company that offers a Bluetooth "receiver" that does not require a head unit and it will allow me to play music or stream from my iPhone. See Out of Sight Audio - Hidden Bluetooth Audio and Hands Free Calling for any vehicle.

Does anyone have experience with this company, or does anyone have experience with a similar solution? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Eric
For what it's worth my neighbor uses one of these in his shop to stream a pandora channel via his wifi/phone. I think the concept is essentially the same and works really well.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a radio delete panel and I've been looking for something like this. Thanks
Looking forward to seeing your results - :wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
You can do the same thing with a Bluetooth amp like this one. A local first gen buddy is using this in his car and loves it.

Kenwood 1177524 Compact Automotive/Marine Amplifier Class D Kac-M1824BT, 180W RMS, 400W PMPO, 4 Channel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UTXQL74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qbEhEbKVFFHMT
I got the same for my truck. Works as advertised but a few things I didn't like.

To power a sub amp the front or rear speaker outputs would have to be connected to the sub's speaker level inputs. The RCA outputs of the Kenwood aren't powered if the RCA inputs aren't used, (which they aren't if your using it just for bluetooth.)

There was background noise even with the engine off. Kind of a white noise.

The wired volume control would not totally mute the sound when set to its lowest level. I had to compromise by turning down the bluetooth volume on my phone to get at a reasonable low level without affecting normal listening levels. If I turned the phone down to completely mute the sound then there was no volume when the amp was turned up.

I didn't try very hard to troubleshoot this as I wasn't very happy with the sound of the system overall. That doesn't mean the Kenwood was at fault as I installed the 4x6 speakers in the dash and behind the back corners of the cab. I think my design was flawed in that respect.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the same for my truck. Works as advertised but a few things I didn't like.

To power a sub amp the front or rear speaker outputs would have to be connected to the sub's speaker level inputs. The RCA outputs of the Kenwood aren't powered if the RCA inputs aren't used, (which they aren't if your using it just for bluetooth.)

There was background noise even with the engine off. Kind of a white noise.

The wired volume control would not totally mute the sound when set to its lowest level. I had to compromise by turning down the bluetooth volume on my phone to get at a reasonable low level without affecting normal listening levels. If I turned the phone down to completely mute the sound then there was no volume when the amp was turned up.

I didn't try very hard to troubleshoot this as I wasn't very happy with the sound of the system overall. That doesn't mean the Kenwood was at fault as I installed the 4x6 speakers in the dash and behind the back corners of the cab. I think my design was flawed in that respect.
Really good information, thank you - I'm seeing more landmines than I expected

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
I was wondering about this as it sounds like a very simple solution, but I guess it isnt what I thought??

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I suppose if you got the amp from somewhere that is generous with their return policy you could do a quick wire up and see if you get the same results I did.

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
One of the guys at the restoration shop that painted my car was telling me about this years ago but I had already purchased a Retrosound head unit for the car. He swears by them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts