Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a question, but I couldn't resist posting it. Several times while resorting my 69 coupe I've found indications of its colorful past. Yesterday, I was putting the back bumper and tag light on. I hooked the tag light up to test it. It was working, but I figured I might as well clean the lens before I reinstalled the housing. When I took the lens off, I discovered that the inside was lined with electrical tape! The black object you see in the picture is the electrical tape, still molded in the shape of the lens that's lying next to it. No wonder it burned kind of dim. I suppose someone didn't want their tag seen at night. I wonder what they were up to... probably just driving on an expired tag. Looks like they would just have taken the bulb out or disconnected the wire, but I guess the tape could have kept the light dim enough so that the tag couldn't be read distinctly--yet a trooper wouldn't automatically pull you over as he would if you had no light at all. Anyway, I thought some of you guys might get a kick out of this. Anybody ever discover anything similar?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts