Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curiosity question that never really crossed my mind. I always had a vision of what I wanted my '68 camaro to look like. One part were the gauges located on the cowl. I presently have my Nitros, fuel pressure and oil pressure gauges mounted outside but it never crossed my mind on the durability of these gauges outside in the weather. I am close to running the car on the street. It will only be a weekend car but the chances of rain are good here in Florida. The gauges are all Autometer and I was wondering has anyone else mounted their gauges outside on any type vehicle and how did they hold up. Did I make a mistake........

------------------
1968 Camaro, 383 Stroker, 450hp @5400rpm, 3.73 10-bolt
Body work done and primered. Interior work to do now and it's all
new to me, lots of advice to ask for, thanks in advance

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just asked the same question this morning. Check out James67RS post. He says that he has some brand called Gaffrigs. I asked him if this company is online and he has not yet answered. If you find out please let me know. I love that look.

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear, PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750, FlowMaster American Thunder Exhaust, FlowTech Headers

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have my Autometer fuel pressure gauge on my cowl panel and have never had any troubles.
I know others that had the old Sun gauges on the outside and other then cleaning the chrome cup, that seemed to be the only trouble.
Bruce

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
How do you guys mount the gauges to the cowl? I would like to mount a fuel pressure gauge there, but didn't want to mess up my new paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts