Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want overdrive for my car, because revving to 3k every time Iget onthe freeway is just no fun. Right now I have an m-21 and would like to keep something similar to it in ratios. I want something that's easy to install, non-hydraulic preferably, and manual. Are there any good 5 speeds with overdrive? Oh, and I have a 67 with crate 350.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can resize your drive shaft and add a overdrive unit behind the trany electronically controlled by a toggle switch this will let you keep your trany for drag racing i dont know who makes it or what its called though it would be pretty easy but not that cheap

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Look in the archives. This topic has been discussed extensively. The two options are the Tremec OD 5-speed and the Richmond non-OD 5-speed.

Proper use of the Richmond will require you to replace your rear gears to something like 3.08s because 5th gear is 1:1. The Tremec bolts in and can be used with your existing gears.

I wouldn't really consider a Gear Vendors overdrive unit to be an option for a manual tranny. The G-V overdrive unit costs as much as either of the trannies mentioned above.

------------------
Pearl blue & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/16/01 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

[This message has been edited by gheatly (edited 07-23-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.