Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 z/28 with a 350 tpi engine. it overheats when i drive it anywhere but the highway. i have determined that neither of the electric fans will come on, even if the heat gauge is almost red-lined. I have tested the fans by hooking them up to a battery, and they both work. What else could be the problem? What would it take to fix it , and how much is it going to cost me?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where do i find the relay for the fans? The ac never kicks the fans on. about a month ago, the primary fan worked and i never saw the secondary fan come on. now, neither work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went out and worked on the car. the fan comes onwith the air conditioner. i tried to change the relay, but that was not the problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
polar bear, you just learned a lesson in electrical circuitry, if the fans come on with the A/C, that eliminates the relay. The CTS(coolant temp sensor) may be the problem and it is located on the top front of the engine, below the throttle body. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone's advice. The problem ended up being the cooler temp sensor. it was not turning on the fans. also the thermostat was stuck open. it is fixed now though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts