Team Camaro Tech banner

Should the Owners Manual Thread be made a sticky?

• Yes, I don’t have a Owners Manual and this will come in handy.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No, I have a Owner Manual and don’t need to see one on the site.

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ask a mod if the Owner Manual Thread could be made a sticky at the beginning of this section. Being there was no reply’s, they seem to believe, there isn’t enough interest in an Owner Manual of the subject of the site, to make the thread a sticky. I was under the impression, the sticky’s were reference material for the members.

ThankYou and please reply to the poll.

Roger

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the original owner's manual, but hate to drag it out and think it would be nice to have an electronic version. I guess I am just too lazy to make a pdf. I also have the original convertible top owner's manual that I recently looked at and found I have been folding the top wrong for years. I think you have a good idea.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I do a lot on StevesNovaSite.com and in that site it's put together a little differently than this site but on there is an Originality section and then a Best of Originality sub section and in it there are things like the different year sales brochures and other things like parts manuals, service manuals, and overhaul manuals. On Steve's site they also have a sub area under Electrical labeled "Best of Electrical" that has wiring info and other things.

Steve's still has sticky's but I have been on some sites to where the stickies are over one page long and someone going to the first page in a section might think nothing is going on there but in reality things are but just a page further in.

I think it' going to be up to the higher ups what gets changed and added and to me maybe it just needs to have a "Best of ????" sub sections added.

I don't know what the best would be as I'm not a web designer and just throwing something out. I know when you try and do a google search now these days you get a lot of returns of things you are not searching for or it's for the wrong years and by putting good info into sites like this it makes things a lot better.

Jim

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do a lot on StevesNovaSite.com and in that site it's put together a little differently than this site but on there is an Originality section and then a Best of Originality sub section and in it there are things like the different year sales brochures and other things like parts manuals, service manuals, and overhaul manuals. On Steve's site they also have a sub area under Electrical labeled "Best of Electrical" that has wiring info and other things.

Steve's still has sticky's but I have been on some sites to where the stickies are over one page long and someone going to the first page in a section might think nothing is going on there but in reality things are but just a page further in.

I think it' going to be up to the higher ups what gets changed and added and to me maybe it just needs to have a "Best of ????" sub sections added.

I don't know what the best would be as I'm not a web designer and just throwing something out. I know when you try and do a google search now these days you get a lot of returns of things you are not searching for or it's for the wrong years and by putting good info into sites like this it makes things a lot better.

Jim
The mods told me the Owner Manual was easy to find on the internet. Sure you can purchase one and maybe that’s where the kickback is. I couldn’t find a manual on the internet and that’s when I thought about posting it. If I could find a 68 and 69 manual I would add it to that thread. I couldn’t find any. The service and assembly manuals are available, why not the Owners Manual?

Roger

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The mods told me the Owner Manual was easy to find on the internet. Sure you can purchase one and maybe that’s where the kickback is. I couldn’t find a manual on the internet and that’s when I thought about posting it. If I could find a 68 and 69 manual I would add it to that thread. I couldn’t find any. The service and assembly manuals are available, why not the Owners Manual?

Roger
As you have found out a LOT of stuff is easily found on the internet but it's not really what you are searching for a lot of the time. If one does a google search for 1968 Camaro Owners Manual under Images the first is one from a Camaro parts site, next 3 from amazon, the next one from yet another parts supplier, and it goes on and on and then if one were to use the tools to only see large images you get things back are from Amazon, car selling companies, and a ton more and you really have to dig to find things and if you are like me, I plain give up. What I really enjoy too sometimes are the dead link returns and you get a response of "Internal server error". I guess the mods here haven't run into this ?.

I guess I'm lucky seeing what I have on Steve's Nova site.

Maybe too Roger, link in your signature to things you might have loaded onto other sites. I have a ton of photo's on Flickr and things also on Youtube that get linked to all of the time.

I know I have some off the wall things like old 35MM film strips I converted over to files and put on the flickr site and while not a sticky on Steve's Nova Site, I have provided links to the pictures for anyone to view.

Jim

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Are you guys talking about the owners manual that tells you
how to put a seat belt on, lock the doors, put the key in the ignition, etc... ?
or the AIM ?
I'm pretty sure Roger is talking about the owners manual for the Camaro with how to work the car like putting on seat belts,how the warning lights wrk on the dash,and so on.

Below is the one I have for the 1968 Chevy II Nova:

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Why would anyone need a on line owners manual? I think there is one in the glove box of my 16 Silverado, but have never looked to make sure. Maybe I'm missing something. My Camaro has a registration, insurance card a pack of band-aids and a ball point pen. I'm not trying to be smart, but I don't see any need for a sticky.

·
13,876 Posts

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,500 Posts
Fuse sizes and light bulb numbers are nice to know. Also, not everyone is familiar with lubrication and maintenance. Just sayin...

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Could there possibly be a copyright issue with posting it on line? If not get the AIM put in a sticky that may be more useful. Just thinking .

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I'm pretty sure Roger is talking about the owners manual for the Camaro with how to work the car like putting on seat belts,how the warning lights wrk on the dash,and so on.

Below is the one I have for the 1968 Chevy II Nova:

Jim
Okay,
I've got a couple of those, I reference them for the seat belt operation often. I'll get it pretty soon.

I think it's the same guy in the seat belt picture in both manuals.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could there possibly be a copyright issue with posting it on line? If not get the AIM put in a sticky that may be more useful. Just thinking .
There are all the other Service manuals on the internet, can’t see where a 53 year old Owners manual would be still protected by copyright.

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
It was a question. The better question is why the AIM is not a sticky? It is older than the owner's manual. In my shop is a very dusty AIM from the 80's. It's only important if you are working on a car that is missing pieces. Not much in the owners manual except the seatbelt guide, bumper jack instructions, and radio info. I would expect that most of, if not all the information in the 53 year old owners manual has, or could be answered in this forum . All the information in the owners manual is more basic than the driver's license test. I'm not saying don't make it a sticky, I just don't see the point. With all due respect that is.

Reactions: jimsl78

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay,
I've got a couple of those, I reference them for the seat belt operation often. I'll get it pretty soon.
View attachment 265103 View attachment 265104
I think it's the same guy in the seat belt picture in both manuals.
Yes I am talking about the Owners Manual that was free in the glove box in every $3,500 Camaro in 1967. There is a lot more information than adjusting seatbelts and mirrors. I have seen a lot of questions on this site that are answered in the Owners Manual.

·
13,876 Posts
For this to be practical the manuals should be converted to a PDF Document.

Easy to do and way better for users to scroll a PDF than click on each page in JPEG format

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For this to be practical the manuals should be converted to a PDF Document.

Easy to do and way better for users to scroll a PDF than click on each page in JPEG format
The last time I tried to post a PDF, the site wouldn’t accept it. Could you please give me a link to those PDF instructions?

Roger

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Roger, I attached a pdf the other day. Used the paper clip icon and selected the file. Just like attaching a picture. My guess is a pdf of the complete manual will be too large though for the site allowance.
I will try that, thank you.

Roger

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Al and Mike, I was able to change the manual to the PDF format and got it attached to the thread.

Roger

1 - 20 of 25 Posts