Team Camaro Tech banner

Should the Owners Manual Thread be made a sticky?

• Yes, I don’t have a Owners Manual and this will come in handy.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No, I have a Owner Manual and don’t need to see one on the site.

Votes: 6 33.3%
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
15,091 Posts
I’m not seeing the PDF file on your original manuals thread?

I see you did a pdf Test in Test Drive

·
Premium Member
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I’m not seeing the PDF file on your original manuals thread?

I see you did a pdf Test in Test Drive
Thanks for deleting those other post. I am seeing it but can’t open it on my iPad but it open on my desk top. Thanks again.

Roger

·
Premium Member
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We are looking for your opinion on weather the Owner Manual thread should be made a sticky. There is a lot of good information, like light bulb number. Also gives you fluid capacities of fuel, oil, transmission and radiator. There is also a trouble shooting guide.

I am looking forward to addIng the 68 manual to the thread in a few weeks. No one has said anything about the 69 manual, as of yet.

Without this thread being made a sticky, the thread could easily be lost in the site archive. So I encourage you to vote, yes so we can made the Owners Manual a sticky so we know where this information is when we need it. It will actually be more convenient than having a manual in your glovebox.

Rogerh

·
Premium Member
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Roger, Have you discussed this with the site administrators to see what criteria is used to determine "sticky" status? I few years ago I recommended a couple of body shop threads be made a sticky with no response.
No, I have not tried to contact the admin about this. I tried to get some info from the admin on the LifeTime membership and got no reply at all. I may try to contact them again about this.

Roger

·
Premium Member
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thought I would announce that the 1968 Camaro Owners Manual is now in the Owners Manual thread. I just added it to that thread yesterday. I was surprised that there is information in that manual, on more Chevy models than the Camaro. Take a look.

While you are at it, give us your opinion in the OP poll.

Roger

·
15,091 Posts
The criteria for a sticky is that there is significant interest and that the information is unique and not easily obtained by other means.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,552 Posts
For some of us, an owner's manual would be useless. There's so little of my car that's still original, that I'll be better off writing my own (when I get off my rear and do it).

·
Premium Member
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
As you can see, I was able to post all three years of the First Generation Camaro, Camaro Owner's Manuals. I want to thank Gary and Brett for suppling the 68 and 69 manuals. All though you can buy these manuals at most Camaro parts suppliers, I hope the manuals, I have post in this thread, will be of good use.

Thanks again to all you guys that have supported me in this project.

Roger

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
In this day and age, I think it is all about data/information. Accessible data/information. Nowadays you can't have too much data and information. If the information helps one member and it creates no negative results (Crashing the site, or is untrue or misleading) then why would it be discounted? Why would there be dissension?
If a member (or someone who is considering becoming a member) can come here and have access to information that is unique to our passion, then I am all for it. This is not information you HAVE to look at. It's there if you need it, or want it. It helps our site become more thorough, more complete. If members really have an issue with it, post it as a sticky for a year, then run another poll and ask the question on how useful it is and if anyone uses it. Then you will have data that justifies the next decision.
Brett.....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts