Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be a dumb or maybe even an anal question, but for me it's important. The interior of my 68 camaro is delux. The color is black. The screws for the package tray corners are stainless. Do these get painted black or do they shine stainless?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
They get painted with the corner pieces. The entire area was painted with the corner pieces in place.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,456 Posts
Mine were stainless not painted

·
Registered
538 Posts
My screws were not painted either. I kinda like the stainless on eggshell/satin black.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Knowing how GM worked, I can't see how they would have painted those little pieces seperatly,then installed them. Every car I've had has had he screws painted and when removing the corner pieces, you can see the factory primer underneath

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine has its original interior and the screws are not painted. Bare ss.

·
Registered
955 Posts
The screws in the package corner trim are stainless. They were not painted at the assembly plant. If there are any out there that are painted, it was done by someone because they wanted them black.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Maybe it depends on the year. I've not had many 69's but all mine are stainless screws painted interior color. Are your cars that don't have painted screws primer or painted under the corner pieces?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys thanks for all the comments. I have another question, do the package tray corners and the rear sash get painted the same as the top of the dash or the same as the front of the dash? When I look at the Ditzler paint chart at the link below, I read it to say it could be 9266 or 9317. 9317 has texture in the paint.

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1968-chevrolet-pg02.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
OK, maybe I mis-spoke. What is the package corner trim?

The stainless steel screws I was referring to were the 4 (or so) screws on the panels of the rear arm-rests with the integrated ash trays.

What screws are you referring to? Perhaps a picture?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
He's talking about the 2" x 5" L-shaped trim piece that covers the gap where side pieces that separate the package tray from the sail panel, meets the back piece separating the package tray from the back glass.

I was missing one of those pieces, and I looked at several parts cars until I found a good one. In all cases, the screws were chrome. (coulda been stainless)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Unreal, that's the piece I am talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts