Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any make the center piece that goes between the package tray coners,
I have read that there is no center piece ,but I just installed the corners and they stick out to far not to have something there they don't set flush and there is no place to run the center screw (each corner has two screw holes)
man I gotta get a camara!!!

where can I get this piece!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I inquired about that same piece last year for a 69' and D&R told me it was not available. Not sure what you mean by center screw.

Rick

·
Registered
312 Posts
Good news and bad news. The piece that you need will soon be available from Goodmark. It was listed in their April dealer flyer. Sorry but you have to wait until August.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by center screws I mean the screws that are the inner most screws to the center of the window.

looks like I need to do some hunting or might try to make a temporary one out of wood and paint it black

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
fast, there is no center piece. That panel is part of the body of the car. I would look at several other Camaros. My corners don't fit very well either - and they are the originals!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Gheatly seemed to have said it best. The piece between the package tray corners is part of the body, and when I tried to replace mine I found out that it was unavailable. If the hole that accepts the center screw is rusted out, I guess it would have to be rebuilt. Thats what I did anyway. If there's a better way, let me know, just trying to learn something!

Rick

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well! I know the problem now I went and looked at a junk 67 (if there is such a thing)it didn't have a rear window.it seems that my car once had rust in the window channel and the "molding" Iam refering to is actaully part of the rear window sill,it appears that it rusted through the edge where it would roll down in side to the package.
it was probably beyond repair and simply removed .
this left the flat panel that is the top of the trunk.
I think I can scap a piece in if this guy will sell me some parts off this car,this car looks beyond dead.
if I ever get another camara I'll post the pic's to exain this if someone ever has the same problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts