Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you Texas members ever deal with James @ Moementum Camaro in Houston? I placed a $600 order with this guy in December and am still trying to get all the parts. He refuses to answer emails or phone calls. I'm getting ready to go after him legally but would love to settle this outside of the courts if possible. Did the guy keel over or is he just a bad businessman and/or a thief?

On a side note I've been restoring cars for years and have never had any issues before. On this current build this is the third time someone is either jacking me around or out right trying to rip me off. I am quickly losing faith in the smaller "car guys". I'm going to start giving all of my business to the big boys and quit trying to save a couple bucks. It is not worth the hassles and delays.

James

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's interesting that you say that. I've bought thousands of dollars worth of parts and rarely ever had an issue with NPD, Ricks or Summit and when I did it was taken care of right away. Maybe I've been spoiled getting my parts in 2~3 days. Moementum and Tamraz took 2~3 months to get my parts and I've had to contact them on numerous occasions and their customer service sucks. I was beginning to think maybe it was me, but low and behold I've placed a couple of orders lately with NPD and guess what - parts in 2~3 days.

Have you dealt with Moementum? Does he answer your phone calls or emails? I've gotten a little testy in some of my messages cuz I'm fed up. I just wonder if he is ignoring me or what. Not a good way to treat paying customers.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
I am here in Houston. I have never dealt with him but he was recommended to me at our recently deceased local weekly show by respectable people. His name is James Moe from what I understand. I have always meant to go by his address but have never yet made it. Note to self - go by and look. I'll try to check tomorrow or the next day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From texas myself...i ordered some parts ($1200) from him. I have been dealing with him since february 23rd. He sends few parts at a time....waiting for my last parts ($400 worth) and the guy won't answer the phone, reply to the email. I have been trying to call him constantly three weeks now.. No luck, i have recently made a complain to the Better business bureau...hoping that will solve..
Hoping if someone else took a different approach or had any luck at contacting him?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Where is his place of business. I restore camaros on the side and have never heard of him. Give me his address and phone number and I will check him out. I usually use Camaro Concepts in Houston. Never had a problem with them.
From his website (google cached):

9700 Almeda-Genoa Suite 105 Houston Texas 77075
Store hours: Monday thru Friday, 2pm - 8pm, Central time zone Toll Free Order line: 1-866-CAMARO1 (866-226-2761)

His site doesn't seem to work right now.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I restored a 71 Camaro a couple of years ago and ordered some interior parts from Moementem and had basically the same results. Thought I was ripped off because it took forever to get parts and he was good at returning your call if he thought you were going to give him an order, but trying to get a status report from him when your parts just trickled in a couple of pieces at at time was impossible, he never returned your call. I finally figured out that he never had any parts to begin with and was just ordering them himself after getting your order and was shipping them to you as he got the parts in.

You might try calling him from another phone and acting like you had an order to place, bet he calls you back asap, that`s what I did and after confronting him my parts were there in a few days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1981 chevrolet camaro berlinetta V6
i need lower grill, mirror, LH hood hinge, subframe bushing kit, rear leaf spring installation kit, LH torque rod, RH trunk lid torque rod with spoiler.
anyone knows a reliable site or place to get these parts from...giving up on moementum camaro.

·
Registered
662 Posts
The BBB really can not do anything. If there is a complaint against a business, the BBBsends letter to the business. The business then has the chance to tell thee side of the story and that is about it. They can give a business a bad "grade", so when a potential customer contacts the BBB prior to doing business with them(said business) they will get a report. The report will either be good or bad. It is then up to the consumer to make their decision to do business or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts