Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just bought my 69 z28.dz302 4 dayz ago and did a little hot rodding around town last night.or.when i backed into the garage last night"i mean at 1:00 this morning". i heard a strange noise from the rear..after parking it i rocked the car sideways,and it sounded like a clunking noise...kinda like the lug nuts were loose.so i checked and they are tight...any ideas? thanx,david

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Probably a loose nut behind the wheel.

Axle shafts move a bit inside and out but that sounds excessive. Might want to pull the rear axle cover and check the c-clip area inside the differential if it seems as if the axles can move in and out too far. Jack up the rear to get the tires off the ground an pull in and out to check the amount of play. Just a simple check before you tear into this further.

-Mark.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx mark...yea,probably nothing to worry about,it is about 3/8 of an inch movement....thanx,david

------------------
1968 s.s.,r.s.,396
1997 brickyard festival-
pace car no.1
1965 chevelle malibu
1964 chevelle s.s. 4-sp
1969 z28-x77 302

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
Could it be a tailpipe hitting when you are out of the car? Or loose shackle bolt something that appears ok but might be just loose enuf that your wiggling it sideways makes a metal clunk sound?

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,Close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts