Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be getting my 68camaro back in about 4 weeks from the body shop. i bought a painless wireing harness and i will replace the stock harness when i get the car back. my ? is does anyone have any advice or tips on the installation from maybe your personal experience or links to sites that might aid in the installation?
thanks in advance,
zack 68

·
Registered
49 Posts
Be sure and save your half moon connector off your old harness that plugs into the turn signal harness. The painless kit doesnt come with this connector and they dont make them anymore. Its a pretty easy install, just takes a while. Take your time and lay everthing out before you start making connections.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which part of the harness did you start out with(front lighting,back lighting,dash)and which is easier to start with. also is there a way to test individual circuits to see if they work?
thanks zack 68

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did the front lights first, then the back lights, and did the interior last. I tested the circuits as I went by hooking up the main power wire to a battery and tested each circuit as I was ready to hook it up. I just used a test light to check everything. I think they recomend using a low voltage battery charger to test everything, but I was brave and just used the battery.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
A DVM will work as well, and perhaps a bit safer. You'll need to follow along in your schematic as you go. Just clip one lead of the meter to the appropriate fuse terminal and ohm out the circuit. Check for shorts to ground and see that the switches etc. controll continuity as they should.

-dnult

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i'll take these tips into consideration, i'm sure they'll help.
thanks
zack 68 :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts