Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my 6al box in my camaro today. I ended up using some velcrow and velcrowed it to the top of the in dash ashtray. My car had a/c so I have an access hole to the box, Im using a non a/c dash pad to cover it up.

I have the box hooked up to the my pro billet, and I have the orange wire on the + side of the coil and the black wire in the same bundle on the - of the coil, as per MSDs instructions. Also the purple/white tach wire (in the painless kit) is hooked up to the Tach terminal on my 6al NOT the - side of the coil.

Here is my question: The painless kit has a pink wire that leads from the fues block to the + coil labeled "ignition hot". Since the 6al is already hooked up to the coil is this wire connected directly to the 12v Red wire on the 6al? or does this Pink "ignition hot" wire still go to the coil? I think I have the install down on the box I just didnt know what keyed ignition source or wire to hook the box to. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The "PINK" wire would normally go to the HEI positive or "BAT" terminal. With a 6AL the pink wire should go to the RED wire on the 6AL box. The other wires sound like they're correct.
Jim

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the pink hot wire will work?

since the box is inside of the car and I dont have any holes to get the wires to the battery (smoothed firewall)I am going to drill a hole in the kick pannel area about glove box height and then drill another hole in the blower motor opening (i had welded shut) then run the heavy red and black wires to the battery over the wheel house and behind the fender. I am planning on using an optima red top so I can run the MSD box to the side posts and the battery cables to the top posts for a cleaner look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts