Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to this site, and am looking for some feedback on the Painless Wiring Harness (Part #20102). Looking to replace entire wiring in my 69. This seems to be the best solution. Has anyone purchased and installed? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
First, Welcome to Team Camaro. Second, do a search on Painless on this site. It has it's uses if you're going for a completely modified install, but there are better for stock replacement harnesses, like American Autowire. Do the search, you'll be glad you did.

The Search button is in the Red bar at the top of this screen.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks to all!

Looks like the AAW for my 69 camaro is the way to go! I plan on purchasing in early March. Thanks again for the suggestions.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you need more info, you can do an advance search for "update" with my user name. I have spent a bunch of time posting here and there about the AAW Update kits, and I am a big supporter. I think I have posts about how long it takes to install, how it differs from an OE setup, things like that. It has a lot of extra circuits for modern stuff, like the Painless does, but it has all GM connectors so you don't have to re-use anything (okay, I had to reuse the connector for my 69 clutch safety switch because it's not in the kit, but AAW has those connectors and Donny Bock offered to send me one). Wrap it up and it looks factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts