Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won a gift certificate for 65% off any Painless wiring product... I have a brand new chassis kit installed from last year. Anybody have any wisdom/guidance on a good kit to buy for a 69camaro w/column shift? I looked in their catalog and they have kits for 67 and 68, but doesn't mention 69 anywhere... I was contemplating the dash group and fuse box, but am so far undecided. Any help/testimony would be great!
Thanks-DanB

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hi MrDanB.
Where did you score a 65% off Coupon for Painless Wiring??
I've been reading TC threads on them and am getting ready to re-wire everything in my '68.

- Tony

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was donated by Painless to our local car show here in Washington...We raffled it off and I won. I will call them later today and see what they say about the 69 Camaros...
Dano:thumbsup:

·
Registered
518 Posts
They are a lot more work than other kits out there. The previous owner of my car redid every single wire on the car with a painless kit and everything sure looks nice and works good, however it was a lot of work.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I don't have first hand experience, but I do have lots of lurk time in this forum and second hand experience through others. Painless kits are somewhat generic. So you'll have to do a little stare-and-compare between the Painless schematics and the OEM schematics to match it all up. Also painless kits often exclude common connectors that must be robbed from the OEM harness. For these reasons, folks often opt for one of the other suppliers like Factory Fit or American Autowire kits.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies...I think I will just upgrade the battery cables for now and do more research before jumping headlong into a wiring mess :)
Dano

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used a Painless harness on my '68 and thought it was nice. The only connectors I had to scavenge from my old harness were the front parking light bulb sockets. There were some questions about the ignition switch since their install guide is generic, but their tech support answered them promptly. I did have somewhat of a custom install with new tail lamps and headlights, so it may be on a stock install that you need to scavenge some more parts. I have heard good things about the AAW products but have not used them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Rewired my '67 with the Painless kit! I absolutely without a doubt hate wiring! I mean I really HATE wiring but, the kit made it totally brainless! Its true about scavaging the plastic molding connectors for like the turn signal switch,ignition switch,turn signals and maybe a few others depending on your specific kit.But what the hay!...65% off, Can't beat that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts