Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have my parking brake assembly out of the car to work on the driver's kick panel. It appears from factory, only the "pedal" portion was ever painted black, there is a distinct line between the black and the natural metal (rust) of the assembly. The assembly would look better with a coat of black Krylon instead of the brown surface rust.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I painted the mechanism with "Bare Metal" and then taped off the to area to be painted black, and painted the leg.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I just painted the brake assembly all black on mine. It didn't matter to me, whether it looked factory or not. The important thing is to paint the brake assembly and keep the rust from forming.

·
Registered
508 Posts
bare metal is a paint. i did the same with mine as unreal did.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
good job

i painted bare metal with clear paint and it still rusts under the clear paint

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the suggestions. I plan to go with the "painted" natural steel finish and respray the pedal portion black at the "tape line".

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
"Bare Metal" is a common spray bomb found at most resto houses. (maybe auto parts stores, too, I never looked. I gives it "sort of" an unpainted look. Really more of a metalic silver-gray look. But it protects the part and looks much better than rust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts