1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Glad you like it. It (the 7220) seems to be just a little more "pebbly" than an original top texture, but it's close and looks about the same as the DDL 9317. It's just darn tough to replicate OE finish on some things, and the dash top seems to be one.

My understanding is that the Federal anti-glare standards were implemented in model year 68, so that a 67 would still have low gloss on the dash top. It has been almost 20 years since I had my 67 (I hate when I think about how long it's been), but I recall it having some gloss to the black.

If you like it, that's all that matters. That's what I decided.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mark i have a can of 7220 and a can of flat setting here ready to do my 69 dash.i hadn't decided which would look best. i was wondering to if the texture was a shade to rough and maybe be a dust collector.i think i am going to give the 7220 a try and hope i get the same results you did.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
My understanding is that the Federal anti-glare standards were implemented in model year 68, so that a 67 would still have low gloss on the dash top.
Nope, 67s used the suede flattener on top just as 68 and 69. Suede dash paint on GM cars was in use long before 1967.

No matter; whatever you used the dash looks fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.