Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my big block last week and would like to paint the front cross member where the engine mounts are and the A frames. THey are in great shape and after cleaning, I want to spray paint them in black. SInce these parts are near the headers and block, should I use a engine high temp resistant paint or an I just use a regular metal paint like rustoleum. DOes it get that hot to worry about the paint peeling ?
Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Check out Eastwood Company They have all of the paints you might need. I painted my subframe, crossmember with there chassis black paint. I used there under hood black on the firewall and the inner fenders. Also check out there "spray gray" its a great way to keep cast iron parts looking new. And no I don't have anything to do with this company. I just like there products.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Underhood black is a nice topcoat. However, I don't think it will work with self-etching primers. I used a wash primer with an epoxy primer under the UHB paint. Self etching primer would be good for a subframe, but not with UHB.

-dnult

1 - 4 of 4 Posts