Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would the o2 sensor in my 89 camaro keep reading a lean exhaust? I have changed to MSD wires, AC Delco plugs and installed an Accel 300+ ignition with coil. Yet I still keep getting a code 44(lean exhaust).I cant for the life of me figure it out,Its driving me nuts!
Thanks,John

·
10,144 Posts
Check for vaccum leaks at all vaccum lines and intake system. Check for a bad or loose exhaust connection.
You can montior the o2 sensor while driving. install a jumper (paper clip loop) between the same wires you use to get the codes. the top upper right pair in the aldl connecter. Only do this with the engine running. the check engine light will blink fast until the sensor warms up. when it cycles slower, it will go on for lean, off for rich (I think). Low fuel pressure or a bad injector could cause a lean condition too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input Dave. Ill try it and see what happens. It seems to turn the service light on when it gets really cold outside. And no Im not losing any antifreeze, Ive been watching that. Thanks Fellas
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts