Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help.....have a 67 camaro switched to hideaway light when i turn on headlights front parking lights go off... any ideas....thanks Allan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: parking light problem

They are supposed to.
Really? this whole time i owned the car i figured the previous owner screwed up the wiring. because the rest of the wiring in the car is like spagetti. I have ben slowly replacing everything one cluster at a time. but i am sure I've seen camaro with both headlights and parking lamps on before. Thanks for the post.

·
Super Moderator
32,355 Posts
Correct for all statements.
Sixty-seven parking lights go off with headlamps on, '68 & '69 parking lights stay on.

·
Super Moderator
32,355 Posts
Do you think that might have something to do with the "new for 68" side marker light regulations? Seems like it could to me. Jeff
No doubt, I agree. Any vehicle made in 1968 and on, had federally mandated corner markers.

This meant both parking light and a side marker added depicting the corner of a vehicle. If the light assembly wrapped around the corner, it satisfied the mandate.

We always knew a city cop car, 1968 Impala's. Only car at night having side markers and front parking lights on.........

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
You don't have to jump or diode anything, just move the parking light insert spade from it's current position in the headlight switch connector block over one.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Manhunt , Can you tell a little bit more on that,I think when I wire mine up I would like to keep them on !!! Looks better !!!

·
Super Moderator
32,355 Posts
Move the purple wire, front parking lights, to the brown wire, rear tailights, I think.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It's been a while, but you just eject the front parking light spade connector from the light harness block (can't remember the color, but it obviously isn't red or light blue) and there is a nearby spade on the light switch that isn't being used (it's the ONLY spade that isn't being used).

Just move the connector to that corresponding slot on the harness block and check with a pull of the light switch. Nothings gonna explode.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts