Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone today?
I have finnaly finished fixing all the problems with my exterior light,all tail lights,brake lights,head lights,turn signals and running lights work great !! Except for one problem i am having with the drivers side parking light.
The problem is that it does not go on,but when i put the turn signal on it blinks.seems like its getting power only when the signal is applied! I traced the wiring to a 2 prong conection,one side of the conection has 3 wires going in the other side has 2 which leads to the parking light. Im thinking that on the 3 wire side 2 would be hot one from the flasher the other from the light switch. dont think the switch is bad cause everything else turns on think its the wire or could it be something else ? has anyone had this problem before? anybody with any ideas?
by the way its a 69 camaro.

thanx for your help !!!

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Mine did the same thing about a month ago. Found it while getting ready for my annual safety inspection. It was corrosion inside those three wire connectors, (theres another 2 wire connector behind the battery for the passenger side) and corrosion on the bulbs. I cleaned up both and could get everything to work most of the time, but not all of the time. Bought a pair of new bulbs (old ones were 20 years old) and the problem was solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts