Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the parts availability would be on a first generation Firebird compared to a Camaro? I guess im talking repo parts. Also anything interchange between a 68 Firebird and a 68 Camaro?

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
67 Firebirds are very similar to the 67 Camaro. As the years progressed, the two lines diverged. By 1969, the two models were different. Firebird parts are harder to find and some are not available as reproductions.

What kind of parts are you asking questions about?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well I was looking at a house that going up for sale as the home owner has passed away. In a garage sat a 68 Firebird that looks like it been there a while. I don’t really have anyplace to keep it but just wondering about the possibilities. I know the more popular cars one can get parts for however I know even some common car are tougher such as an Olds Cutlass.
Anyway it was complete and protected in the garage but looks as though it hasn’t been on the road for 10 or 20
Years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finished a rebuild of my ‘68 Firebird a couple years ago. Parts are readily available. Also check out First Generation Firebird forum. Good group.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Well I was looking at a house that going up for sale as the home owner has passed away. In a garage sat a 68 Firebird that looks like it been there a while. I don’t really have anyplace to keep it but just wondering about the possibilities. I know the more popular cars one can get parts for however I know even some common car are tougher such as an Olds Cutlass.
Anyway it was complete and protected in the garage but looks as though it hasn’t been on the road for 10 or 20
Years.

Oh, I understand now. Just about every piece of sheet metal body parts are available. Just about every interior part is available. Pontiac engines are more expensive to rebuild compared to a Chevy but they are torque monsters that are fun to drive on the street. A 400 cid RAM AIR is a valuable option.

In your case, the gas tank is available. Fuel lines, and engine parts, transmission parts, suspension bushings, brake parts are also available. Look at a catalog from Classic Industries or Ames Performance to see what is available. Even local stores like Auto Zone, Napa etc. sell parts for them. GM produced more 1968 Firebirds compared to the 67 and 69 models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts