Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. Did anyone who ordered parts from Tamraz's when they had their 50% off sale not yet received their parts? I ordered a center console base but have yet to receive it. There web site is down and it directs you to their ebay site to order. It also directs you to call an 800 number regarding orders. I haven't called the number yet, just want to see if anyone else has not received their order before I call. Last year I ordered a wire harness (Prior to the 50% sale) for non console gauges to console gauge conversion from them off the ebay site. I waited 2 months or so but the harness never came. The tracking always showed "paid but not shipped." I ended up canceling that order. My money was refunded back to me in about a week.
If anyone has called the 800 number, please post Tamraz's response to the delay...positive or negative comments.

Thanks
Rick

·
Retired
26,597 Posts
I placed my order on Dec 31st and last email I got from them was Jan 2nd letting me know the order was awaiting shipment. I called them this morning and was told the order was canceled because they didn't have the parts and that the order was sent to accounting to process the refund. The phone rep was pleasant and said he will follow up on Monday to see when my money will be returned. There was no option to wait for the parts and he apologized for the lack of communication on the order.

I have bought from them on ebay before and it always went smoothly. This sale was the first time I ordered from their website...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I will call them Monday and ask about the status. Their website has said that they have one of the console bases like I ordered available, and has for some time. And just so it doesn't appear I am being one sided, I have also ordered from Tamraz's ebay in the past with no problems. Just my last two purchases, the wire harness, which was ordered off ebay site and the console ordered off the store web site have fallen into question.

Thanks
Rick

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
We that sucks. I posted the 50% off promo. A tractor trailer came to my shop almost a week and a half after I placed my order. I got everything I ordered shipped truck freight for free. Two pallets full. Sorry to hear it did not work out for. Y'all.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I must have got lucky. Ordered a gas tank and taillight panel and a shift knob and got everything in a week. First time I had bought from them too. Worst web site ever. I had to get part numbers from other sites to put in the search and for the shift knob went through 16 tabs Sorry to hear but I’ve seen similar comments on other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got around to calling Tamraz's today. I spoke with John who said that he was sorry that someone didn't call me regarding my order (laughable...gets better). He said that within days of placing my order during the 50% off sale their website crashed. He went on to say that the part (console) that I ordered was not in stock so my money would be refunded. I asked him about the console on the ebay site that shows they have one. John said, "That one is not in stock. It would be dropped shipped." He did tell me that I was more than welcome to pay full price for the one on ebay. I said, "No thanks."

It sounds to me that maybe Tamraz's had the 50% off sale on items in their warehouse only (Which they failed to mention at the time of the sale) and are trying to no longer stock items. It sounds like maybe they are turning into a business that takes orders and will only drop ship...I could be wrong.

In any case, that's the update on my order from Tamraz's

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
That blows. Sorry man.

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,055 Posts
I've ordered numerous times from Tamraz's Ebay store with no problems
until my last order about 2 months ago. Their Ebay store showed the item
in stock. I normally receive their orders in 2 days so on the 4th day I called
and was told the item was back ordered. Ebay store still showed in stock so
I cancelled the order. I got the same sorry no one contacted you.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
Tamaraz is local to me as is D and R. I needed something a year or two ago and drove out to them as it showed in stock on Ebay. I get there the guy says they don't stock it, it would be drop shipped. I tired to do business with them way back and got similar results. Quite honestly I'm surprised they are still around.

Jeff

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
With the cost of shipping always going up, lots of businesses are moving to the distrubuter or manufacturer drop ship method so expect to see more of it everywhere.

Brian

·
Retired
26,597 Posts
Update on my last post, I did get my full refund last week as the rep had stated... I haven't found anything shady beyond the 50% off sale on products they don't stock... Was this advertised as a stockroom clearance? I got my refund and they were polite an attentive when I called. Probably would have gotten refund sooner had I called sooner!

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
May I mention Who runs a 50% off promotion ??? That's unheard of in this hobby. The whole thing sounds shady to me. Glad it worked out for some guys. Just my .02

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think their ad stated that the 50% off sale ran through Dec. 31 and I ordered on Dec. 31 during the afternoon and got my parts within a week but, NO 50% off price. My invoice showed the regular price. Too aggravated to call and complain, so I just chalk it up as a lesson learned. As Donny mentioned, who runs a 50% off price on parts in this hobby? I should have known better...

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
The stuff I ordered was for a 66 el camino. Maybe they were just trying to clear the warehouse of oddball parts. I wish it worked out for more people.

·
Retired
26,597 Posts
May I mention Who runs a 50% off promotion ??? That's unheard of in this hobby. The whole thing sounds shady to me. Glad it worked out for some guys. Just my .02
During the same time Classic Ind was offering "Up to 40% off" on their site. What I bought averaged out to being about 28-30%, some parts more others less... Lots of retailers do clearances and offer BOGO (buy one, get one) which amounts to 50% off, why not classic car parts. Clearing the shelves can be a good thing if it makes room for new product or allows the retailer to make changes to stay in business...

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I had ordered from TAMRAZ in the past, mainly from their E-Bay store. The add stated part was in stock, even had an e-mail stating item was ready to ship. 2 weeks later I ask the status of the order and they said they were waiting for their order. Don't trust their e-bay site, if you want their part, ask them if they have it in stock.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
During the same time Classic Ind was offering "Up to 40% off" on their site. What I bought averaged out to being about 28-30%, some parts more others less... Lots of retailers do clearances and offer BOGO (buy one, get one) which amounts to 50% off, why not classic car parts. Clearing the shelves can be a good thing if it makes room for new product or allows the retailer to make changes to stay in business...
50% off in the “retail” business is one thing, 50% off for this hobby is another.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts