Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

So ever since I've got my Camaro on the road I've been meaning to figure out why my passenger side mirror is useless. I couldn't adjust the mirrror "in" far enough for the driver to be able to see the passenger blidn spot or even behind the car. If you were driving on a 3 lane highway in the fast lane you might get to see what is in the slow lane with the mirror adjusted all the way in. Even worse is the fact that I have the Arizen seats in my car and mounted so that in my normal driving position they are only a few inches from the back seat so I'm sitting further back than stock. If was in the stock location the mirror would be 100% useless instead of 90% useless.

A week ago I bought another mirror from classic industries (left and right were bought from them about 3 years ago) to try which adjusts about the same.

Currently both driver and passenger mirrors are mounted an equal distance from the front door edge. How far is the passenger mirror supposed to be from the front door edge to the front of the mirror? Are they not symetrical from the factory or are the OER passenger mirrors crap?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
the factory didnt have a passenger side mirror, so all you have is a driver mirror on both sides (so do i)
and the driver side mirror doesnt need to angle in to far so it will not work on the passenger side where it needs a sharper angle

use the search function, there are a few options for how to make it work, i just bent it, others have ground some metal out of the way

i have know idea about the seats sorry

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have an aftermarket passenger side mirror and I don't have any problems. If the mirror can be pushed into the side of the door, you have the wrong mirror...And an accident waiting to happen

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
If you do a search on this topic you will find this question has been asked a number of times. You may want to check it out to see what some others have done to resolve the problem. As stated by 400bird and in the link that 68DaveV posted, the short answer is that if you mount a passenger mirror in the same position as your driver's door mirror you get to 'enjoy' the problem you are experiencing now. If it wasn't for the experience and wisdom of this site, I would have done the exact same thing. Sometimes procrastination can work in your favor! The two most popular solutions are to move the mirror forward an inch or so or to enlarge the hole around the swivel ball so that the mirror can face inward more. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts