Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on searches on the forum, I will be purchasing a set of Patriot headers for my SBC. It sounds like they are "economical" and fit well. My question is whether to get the plain set (H8047) or the black (H8047-B) pictured:

...They are only $20 more for the black coated and they look great in the pic, but it does not say what the coating is. I assume this is just the cheap coating that tends to flake off?

I have the resources available to media blast and ceramic coat them, so I assume that I would be better off going this route? Anyone have experience withe the factory black coating option?

Phil

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If you are going to sand blast them and ceramic coat them I would get the natural headers. I would want no coatings or paint on them so it would make the work easier to sand blast them for the ceramic coating. I purchased the Patriot H-8013-1. So far I like them fine, but I haven't had the exhaust tied into the new headers where I use to have Hooker Super Comps. I liked the ease of installation of these headers. The only changes I had to make was to mount a starter solenoid on the inner fender because the header hit.

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
Based upon what Doug said, if you have to modify the starter , I would look at another set and have them ceramic coated. I think you can get that coating in black.
Try Flowtech or Dougs. I understand Hooker has a new design that does not allow driver side to hang down lower than the older versions did . That's why I got rid of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts