1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a purchase through pay pal. The place never sent the goods and they
havent responded to any emails I sent them. I got pay pal involved through the
resolution centre and they still didnt respond to that. Now, pay pal says they
are not responsible for recovering the money. I was just wondering, does anyone know if they are responsible for my lost money?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Depends, when you made a payment thru paypal did it say the party was 'Verified' and that you were insured against fraud/loss?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
No, it does not depend at all. With ANY credit card purchase, the merchant is on the hook 100%

Since paypal is a credit card go between, they can go straight to the sellers credit card company, who will then access the sellers bank account and take the money back. Credit card disputes are heck on merchants, ask me how I know!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what i just got from paypal
We will make every effort to resolve this claim within 30 days although we
may require additional time to complete our investigation.

Our investigation will be made on a best-effort basis and PayPal cannot
guarantee funds recovery. For more information about how PayPal
investigates complaints, please review the User Agreement.

Sincerely,

PayPal
The purchase was made with paypal but it was taking out of my visa..I had to go through loops to get 'Verified'.I think if they give a company the right to take your money,then the should be responsible!! Nick

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
I think you should protest the charge on your Visa. The bank should help you resolve this because although Paypal was the intermediate, the payment was by Visa.

Kev

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Yup, only use a credit card through Paypal. I have been refunded twice.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Yes contact YOUR credit card company - file a dispute.
They should offer you an imediate credit (so you won't have to pay that part of your bill)
Then they will start the investigation.

Paypal should come through for you - bet the guy is just away for a bit. (or his computer crashed)
How long ago did you pay for your item?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
You should read your Paypal contract, they are not responsible and if you file a dispute via Visa/Mastercard then Paypal can come back to you and sue you in small claims since you agreed to not do a chargeback for any charges PayPal makes. Basically you signed your rights away to do chargebacks if you chose to use your visa or mastercard with Paypal. Good luck!

·
20,008 Posts
You should read your Paypal contract, they are not responsible and if you file a dispute via Visa/Mastercard then Paypal can come back to you and sue you in small claims since you agreed to not do a chargeback for any charges PayPal makes. Basically you signed your rights away to do chargebacks if you chose to use your visa or mastercard with Paypal. Good luck!
Then what about debit cards ? Same issue ?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes contact YOUR credit card company - file a dispute.
They should offer you an imediate credit (so you won't have to pay that part of your bill)
Then they will start the investigation.

Paypal should come through for you - bet the guy is just away for a bit. (or his computer crashed)
How long ago did you pay for your item?
Jan. 16th I pay for the stuff!!!! and it was a birthday gift :angry: no.....this guy is gone I have send him 10 e mails and faxs and nothing from him..

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I'm sure you've been to PayPalSucks to read through others issues with them ...
Here's a link if not - http://paypalsucks.com/forums/
If you go to the 'links' page there are quite a few links to groups/information in resolving desputes with them.

Go ahead, ask me how I found out about this site :sad:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right now I'm pissed :angry: I'll wait and see what they said. but I dont't care if they take me to court..I think I'm done with paypal..... man f******g banks :angry: Nick

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
yes that is a little bit of a long time. :(
I read through the rules a bit - Paypal does not take kindly to Bank "Chargebacks".
I hope they will refund for you. sorry.
Was it a large amount? Did the seller have good feedback?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Who did you buy from? What is their address? Maybe one of us can pay a visit?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Anyone in Diamond Bar?

JACKADEAL.COM
23441 Golden Springs Drive
Suite 312
Diamond Bar, CA 91765

·
Registered
589 Posts
After filing a dispute, you have 20 days to file a claim. If you don't file within 20 days you are SOL. I just went through this, and luckily the customer came through with a full refund.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After filing a dispute, you have 20 days to file a claim. If you don't file within 20 days you are SOL. I just went through this, and luckily the customer came through with a full refund.
I just did the dispute thing today. its been 11 days since I first contact paypal.i'll see what they say. I dont't ge it.you can't turn you back.or let your gaurd down for a second. There is always someone there to get you for you money.Nick

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Who cares if Paypal doesn't like chargebacks. A guy on Ebay stiffed me for my Hot LT4 roller cam 3 years ago. He sent me the cam he took out of his car instead of the roller cam. Guess he didn't think I would measure it. Paypal basically told me I was out of luck and really couldn't be bothered to do anything, so I disputed the charge on my CC. The credit card company ruled in my favor and they reversed the charges (to paypal). When that happened you would have thought paypal was my best buddy and all they wanted to do was work together to get this money back from the original seller. I sent them a copy of their original email to me saying I was out of luck and told them to have a good life. I still use paypal with no ill effects. I always pay with a CC, never directly out of my bank account.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I tried to get a deposit of $1,000 back from a car purchase in October that was grossly missrepresented. I jumped thru all of Pay Pal's hoops for 2 months only to have them decide against me. I had already called my CC office and after Pay Pal screwed me, VISA charged them back for the $1,000. It's still in an investigation period with Pay Pal again, but the rep at VISA said he wasn't going to let them blow it off, since I got nothing for my money and the seller kept the car to sell.:mad:
We shall see........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts