Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I just don't understand. I just bougth 35th camaro 6 speed. I'm from Canada and the brochure dosen't mention that the 6 speed is available at no extra cost but the american one does. And if that's not enough I got the car with option group 1SB witch includes 4 speed auto.and power this and that for $1800.00 and then i'm charge another $440.00 for the 6 speed. Seem's like I'm paying for the 4 speed and the 6 speed?. And by the way for the price you would think the car would come with a trans. any info, maybe they mad a mistake.

------------------
2002 35th aniversity camaro, LS1 6 speed, T top, every option possible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To correct my self the 6 speed is standard on Z28 and the 4 speed auto is optional witch makes even worst.

------------------

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
that sounds very odd...

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
maybe since you got the 1SB package, and the auto is part of that package, they charged you extra for the 6 speed? who knows for sure. maybe they figured you wouldn't notice a few hundred $$ on top of the other $$$ you spent. or, maybe it was a typo or something.
just for kicks, i priced a stripped down, base as base can get Z28 the other day. the guy thought i was nuts for not wanting the SS package and fancy wheels with t-tops and what not.the only extra i priced was a Hurst shifter. i tried for a 1LE price, but he didn't think it existed, and didn't want to dig too deep for me. lazy salesman.
oh, by the way, a base Z can be had for $23,275 American. doesn't seem like that bad of a bargain. if i wasn't buying a house, i would think of getting one. maybe i will explore the wonders of the home equity loan... it is the last camaro, after all. ...

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

[This message has been edited by novaderrik (edited 01-27-2002).]

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
I just went to www.chevrolet.com and www.edmunds.com and priced out a 35th with 6speed and 4speed auto. No charge for tranny choice!! Neither had a 1SB option that I could find!! Option 1SD is where the power equipment (windows, locks etc) comes in and had nothing to do with tranny choice...

Funny thing Chev's MSRP came to $32K with almost $9k for SS and 35th options and Edmunds clicked in an MSRP of about $30k with $6300 for the SS/35th options. Both started as $22,700 MSRP Z28's and I selected the minimum necessary to get a 6speed 35th SS and then an auto.

I hope you figure out this one...

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've notice american and canadian option codes are different, shouldn't they be the same.I had noticed the one about the 1sb option.

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts