Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A minor issue but: A little help please. I found NOS valve cover PCV tubes, but I am having a hard time finding the little curved rubber PCV hose that goes from stock air cleaner to valve cover. I have a repro that is supposed to be for a 67 Z-28 that I thought might work but the ID is way too large. Does anyone have a line on where I can look to find one, or two? (I have two Auto Therms that I have restored and want to have both complete.) A repro will do but I haven't been able to find one listed for my 69 RS/SS 350 with the Auto Therm air cleaner. I see them for BBs and Z-28s and Cowls and open elements, but not for mine. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Auto therm air cleaner!!! WHAT IS THAT??..Maybe im dumb?? I have your car...do you have a closed or open air cleaner??..4bbl im assuming??

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ken in the link you posted if you click on air cleaner section on left and scroll down there are three hoses listed. Is this what you got and is to big? I'm going through this now with my 69 sbc if i should connect my air cleaner pipe to breather. I do not have that thermal valve. Read searches on debates if i should run pvc. Engine bulder says no but i don't want a oily mess under hood

·
Registered
30 Posts
So happens I am looking for the exact part for the exact 69SS/RS 350. At least I think we are looking for the same part. The hose is approx. 3/4" diameter and 5" long with a 90 degree bend and goes from the passenger side valve cover to the main body of the stock air cleaner (not to the snorkel). I believe this one at Classic Industries is the right part.

Part no. K0161

http://www.classicindustries.com/camaro/K0161.html

If you go to that link the description says it is for a 67 Z28, but if you go to page 714 of their catalog (available for download from their website) it says it is also for a 69SB.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I didn't see your posts earlier guys. I haven't checked-in for a while. Hope my delay didn't cause any problems.

The hose I got from Classic IS the K0161, and it has a 7/8" i.d. which is too large for the NOS PCV vent tube. 3/4" i.d. would be right. Anyone else get this one? Is it possible it was mis-packaged?

I'll check with Rick's. If it's 3/4" I'm in business.

Y'know, I've had much better luck buying parts form Rick's than Classic…I'm just sayin'…

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw that one, but since it was actually the same picture at a different size, I was leery. I check Rick's first (since they have the pretty one with all the lovely lettering) and go from there. Thanks! I am NO expert, but from what I've learned about PCV—it's good to get the caustic gases out of the engine. Sucking them out via PCV is probably better for the engine than just venting them—but maybe not the best thing if max-performance is your primary goal.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just checked with Rick's. The SB-11 hose is NOT 3/4" It is correct only for the 67 302 which I imagine is the same as the one from Classic which is 7/8" i.d. I will report back if I find it.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Ken, I feel your pain. With my twisted carb mount on my torquer 2, that hose had to be longer. I never took the time to find a proper one and no such hose was made just for my setup. Then, after 38 years I took my valve cover elbow to my favorite parts house. Told 'em I needed to eyeball their hose selection. It's usually not a problem getting into the stock room if they know you. I found the proper size hose with an assortment of bends. A few minutes of study at home and cuts were made. Perfect. 38 years, no more pain.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update in case anyone is still interested. Still have found no hose BUT I did finally find the right part number for a 69, 4bbl, closed-element air cleaner, non-cowl induction hood.

CORRECT Part number 3942526 from group number 1.762

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dear Sir, Do you suppose I could get a picture of your air cleaner pcv set up ... I too have the 350 SS Automatic so yesss AUTO THERM air cleaner ... I have an elbow temp on the backside from valve cover to air cleaner body, but I am interested in the stock appearance and function ... Thanks Kevin (kmg1969ss)

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
Dear Sir, Do you suppose I could get a picture of your air cleaner pcv set up ... I too have the 350 SS Automatic so yesss AUTO THERM air cleaner ... I have an elbow temp on the backside from valve cover to air cleaner body, but I am interested in the stock appearance and function ... Thanks Kevin (kmg1969ss)
There are two excellent pics in this thread by John Z. at CRG of a
'69 L-48 automatic
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=4767.0

1 - 14 of 14 Posts