Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Car just came back from the shop to repair the tranny prob, and the mech indicated that The PCV is hooked up improperly (into the air cleaner base) I have already plumbed the power brakes into the port at the rear of the H650DP. There isn't any room between the base of the carb and ther manifold to to put in a fitting (I plugged it off) for the PCV hook up. There seems to be some blowby coming out of the breather on the driver side, and the PCV on the pax side. Mech indicated that I should put a spacer under the carb to obtain the neccessary room for the vac fitting. Has anyone else encountered this prob, and is there another solution available? I understand that it isn't advisable to run the PB and the PCV off a "t" fitting at the carb base, otherwise I will lose the brakes. Is this correct? And could this be the reason that I keep fouling plugs?

Thanks for the input.

Steve (learning this all over again...)

[This message has been edited by FlapsFive737 (edited 03-12-2002).]

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
The PCV should plug in on the large carb port. This is manifold vacume. You should have a spot in the rear of the manifold (intake port)for a screw in adapter. The brake booster should plug into this adapter. If this isn't going to work, try a "T" fitting at the base of the carb for both. Without a PCV working, you will get blowby from the vents.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I used to run the Edelbrock RPM with a Holley 650 DP and I had the same problem and yes I did run a 1" Moroso 4 hole phenolic plastic carb spacer. That is what you need to use the carb nipple for the PVC and use the manifold runner for the power brake booster as the factory did. The blowby will stop comming out of the valve covers and the oil will stay in. You will need the spacer, gaskets, fitting, longer carb studs and nuts. I took all that stuff off when I went back to stock GM manifold setup.

-Mark.

[This message has been edited by stingr69 (edited 03-12-2002).]

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Edelbrock makes a low profile vacuum fitting that goes in the port behind the carb and under a Holley fuel bowl. forget the part #, but look on their website.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

1 - 6 of 6 Posts