Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PDQ

I posted this here instead of a PM in case others could help me out as well. After much research here and at PT.com I have just ordered 13 inch rotors (95 vette) and 70's truck calipers to begin a brake upgrade project over the winter (among other things). From what I've been able to find, MarkM and yourself have been able to implement this successfully. Am I correct that you have a template for the caliper bracket that I need to make for this? Is it possible that I might get one? I am also interested in the rear brake info/template as well if possible.

My car currently has disc brakes and since the truck caliper is basically the same as what's there now, will I need to change anything master cylinder wise? Many questions will follow for everyone so thanks in advance!!

Thanks
Robb

PS I used to have your website in my favs, but seem to have lost it...

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Robb,

E-mail me at home with your full name and address and I will send you a ROUGH cardboard template for free or the front "pdqCBB" set-up.

I just sent one to Canada last weekend.

I hand carved my first rough pair out of 5/16" thick hot-rolled steel plate and Brian said he would make me a set using a water cutter he had access to for a template AND they look great! Got them on my car now!!

I will send you his address.

As for the rear caliper bracket, please see if you can't buy it off TSM or ECI, b/c they sell kits to mount T/A rear disc brake caliper set-up's on our cars.

I used 11.75", 1989 Camaro rear disc's and 1980 Cad. Seville e-brake calipers with brackets that David Levesque made for me, (Doug10), for my "pdqCBB" rear set-up. AND they are on my car now too!!

(Fwiw, I modified the Cad. brackets by moving the holes 5/8" but never finished them b/c they were so rough looking is all And they're in a box now with my hand carved ones)...

I will send you his address too..

pdq67

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PDQ

I've PM'd you. Let me know if you need anything else.

If I ever get the chance, I'll buy you a beer!!

Robb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts