Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I removed the steering column for painting and cleaning. It seems that the more I disassembly the more that needs to be done.
Anyway, I also removed the pedal bracket that extends from the firewall to the steering column clamp. What color should this thing be painted? It looks like a gray primer color, but more of a semi-gloss.
Is there a Rust-Oleum paint that closely resembles this color? I thought about shooting it semi-gloss black like most everything else under there, but that wouldn't look original, would it?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I believe it was raw steel. I used cast blast on mine, it looks close to raw steel and it wont rust

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I had my bracket out, so i sandblasted it. I'm not a total stickler for original, so i primed mine and then sprayed it with semi-gloss black. Looks awesome, I think.
rj

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yep, original was raw steel, like the "undipped" part of the parking brake assembly, etc.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yeah, I didn't even notice how old it was. I started to make a crack about "I thought the car was back together, stop taking it apart" Good thing I didn't....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts