Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the 2" drop coils front and 1.5 drop leafs in the rear. Hated to pony up for this stuff but then end result is absolutely perfect both front and rear height. Rides like a dream.

Front center wheel to bottom fender 13 3/4"
Rear center wheel to bottom fender 14 1/4"

PS, on this install, drilling out the leaf mounts blow but other than that its OK. 1/2 day coils. Full day leafs for inexperienced guy. And not only are springs "dangerous" so use caution but the leafs can spring off as well if the car and axle are separated too much/not enough. Take this slow.
Will post pics shortly.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Congrats! I installed the front 2" springs when I did the Guldstrand mod. Waiting for the $$$ to do the rear 1.5". Can't wait. looking forward to some pics.

Robert

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you have any trouble with the rubber snub on the upper control arm bottoming out? I just got a set of these same springs for my 69 camaro sbc they look like the snubber is squished. I didn't notice before as the old one was really dirty I also took out u/l ctrl arms new bushings bjoints etc.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey guys, I love to see a happy customer thread. Thanks so much for using our parts, send us photos of your cars for our ride height gallery!

·
15,370 Posts
Bryan, you're talking about the bumper on the bottom side of the upper arm?
It shouldn't be touching at all. Is the car sitting on the wheels?
I put the 1907 and 2407's on my '69 and even without the engine\trans installed, those bumpers didn't touch. I have about 1.5" to 2" space between the bumper and the pad.
I did all new Prothane bushings as well. That's with 65 series tires on 15" rims I threw on there to roll the car around.

I'm very happy with the stance but I have yet to drive it. After I put the engine\trans in, the front end dropped down real nice! :thumbsup:
I can't wait!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts