Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 68 RS I have one year old stock mono-leaf springs that I have bent with horsepower. From the axle forward the springs are now permantly bent the opposite way. Does anyone have any advice on stronger springs or a way that I can fix this problem. About 600 hp!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I use a set of split monos along with Caltrac bars. I have over 500HP and a manual shift car. The traction gained from the use of the Caltrac parts is amazing!.....plus, they are designed for serious abuse.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
First off there are NO re-popped mono's so what you have are NOT stock mono re-pop's!! Stock suckers are double tapered is how I know!!

I would just install a set of Lakewood long slapper-bars and go!!

Just make sure they slap right at the middle of the bottom of the front spring eye! And you are good to go.

And I love my cheap homemade slappers too!

pdq67

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can't speak from experience, but I have also heard good things about the slide-a-link from CE. Someone here recently reported bending theirs at the 700 hp level, though. Something to think about if you're planning more oats in the future.
BTW I replaced my sagging monos with multis and haven't regretted it. I bypassed the conversion kit and just went to a multi leaf 8.5 10 bolt out of a '79 Z28. But I'm not making anywhere near 600 ponies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts