Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed a new Edelbrock manifold and Carburater. The problem is that my car stalls when I "Punch It" I've check the fuel lines, timing.The car runs great from a normal start up to 100 mph. What do you feel the problems is?
327SB.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
First I'd double check for vacuum leaks. Also check to make sure your vacuum hoses are routed correctly - especially the one for the distributor. If you don't find any problems then its probably a calibration issue with your carb. What kind of carb?

If it's a Holley you can change the accelerator pump cams or squirters until you get rid of your stumble. I have no clue how to calibrate an Edelbrock though.

------------------
68 Camaro, 383 small block with TH350 trans. 11.98's at 111mph and never trailered.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Like Eric said, check for vac leaks 1st, and verify your timing is set correctly. After these are done, see if the accel pump rod is in the hole closest to the pump pivot. If not, then try moving it there. It can make a pretty big difference. You didn't list any engine/vehicle specs so I can't really suggest where to go from there. The manual that came with your carb is pretty thorough on tuning the edelbrock carb though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts