Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there!

is anyone familair with the performer rpm powerpackage?

i might rebuild my 350 with this package, including the heads, and some smalltube shorty headers.
edelbrock advertises with 420 hp and tq between 380-400...

its not the performer package but the performer RPM package..

im gonna use it on the street in an 87 camaro z28 with a th350 and maybe a 4.10-10 bolt rearend

so is it a good combo or do u guys now what a better combo is for me?

thanx guys

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I've got that setup. I like Edelbrock's kit idea. I've heard others say that for the money, there are better heads on the market. Mine came with the car.

I haven't had many opportunities to run it on the street so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt. I had terrible problems with hesitation and back-fire. Couldn't hardly put the car in gear without stalling the engine. I found the timing was on-existant. The guy had an HEI distributor for an Electronic Spark Control system in it. Carb was messed up also. After fixing the carb and timing the hesitation problems subsided greatly. I get about 11" of vacuum. Stock converter is still too stiff for the cam. I wouldn't want any bigger cam that this for the street.

The encouraging part is that the couple of back-street runs I did were interesting. I'd rompt the throttle, it would burp a couple of times, then instantly jump to 3000 RPM and blast off. Can't wait to get it back together again and do some more fine tuning.

-dnult

1 - 2 of 2 Posts