Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone have a copy of the pertronix ignitor 1181 chevy 1958-1974 instructions. Pertronix does no have instrutions on their web site. I'm tring to trace a breaking up under load problem (low rpm only) Thanks Dave

69 camaro z28

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Dave, I'll check my box tonight to see if the instructions are in there. Are you planning on going to the Jackson Outlet cruise night tonight? I know Kevin is going to be there and I want to check it out.
Jeff

·
11,656 Posts
Yup, I will be limping in
I'm still fighting with my engine to find the perfect spot (tune, that is) One way=pinging, other way=dieseling. It's very frustrating.

I only have 100 miles on engine and the vacuum is still too low. Replaced the intake gasket, carb/intake gasket and lower carb gasket. No problems found. Did a propane test all around intake and carb, no change in idle. I did a best of 14 in at idle. I still have to do a comp test to see if it may be internal (rings not seated yet).

I bought a Crane adjustable vacuum advance and am still playing with the timing.

blue/blue springs at 36 is very close, I'm going to try blue/silver at 34 or 32 next, cause I think it's a little sluggish with the 2 blues.

Sat and sun will be test and tune weekend. I just ran out of time for the cruise. I'm glad it's close :D

see ya there, Kevin

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Jeff, I did not make the Jackson event. I still do not trust the car to go that distance. The car is having a major breaking up problem under load low RPM only. How is your z project going?

Hello Kevin, Reading some of your recent post sounds like your having a Frustrating summer with your engine. Good luck and i'm sure we will cross paths sometime this summer.

Dave

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Dave, it was a huge turnout last night. I guess it was the first really nice Friday night for the cruise and there was a ton of cars. I have the Pertronix instructions if you want to borrow them. I also have the unit sitting in the box if you want to try swapping it with yours to see if your unit is bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.