Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pertronix Ignitor (part #1181) That I purchased a few years ago and never used. I am thinking of trying to use it on a current smallblock project. My question, is this unit a good choice to use to convert my stock distributor for street use? or is there a better pertronix choice? I realize that this is a older unit, just curious if it is good reliable choice? Thanks C

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've been running one for 19 yrs. never had a problem.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
A great upgrade...using not as long as Eric...but close. No need to worry about those troublesome points, eh?

capt

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Pertronix has three offerings that I'm aware of, I believe the one you have is their original Ignitor. It's a great upgrade from points, but if you are looking for additional features, you may need to look at their Ignitor II or Ignitor III models depending on what you want. But the one you have is a great product that works fine.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys, thats good news... so much new stuff out these days that it pays to ask questions, especially on this site! The members here are the most helpful of any I have seen. Thanks again for the responses...Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts