Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67 Camaro, Converted from PG to T-350 w/ Shiftworks Kit….

Has any one run into the problem of the shift lever hitting the governor on this conversion? It seems that the solution would be to bend the lever out, any comments or suggestions?

------------------
RickM
67 SS (TPI) "Almost Running"

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yep, I had the same problem. After agonizing over it for about an hour, I went ahead and SLOWLY bent the lever to the side. It worked. I figured I could allways bend it back if I re-installed the p.g. It didn't take that much. I wouldn't of had to do that if the B&M Quicksilver I bought would have fit under the console! But it didn't, so I bent the old one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You, guess I'll get out the tourch and heat and bend.

One more quick one..Does anyone know of anyone who makes a plate for the fire wall to cover the stock A/C hole?

·
Registered
820 Posts
I too did the shiftworksconversion, I had "issues" with the detent plate addon, (I screwed it allup) and my shifter is WAY too loose. Mine hit the governer, but you can either bend it , or order the prebent one from shiftworks... I just bent mine and it works fine. I am going to convert it to a cable shifter though. after talking here on the site , I think i'm gonna have to do the 1/4 stick, it seems the only one to fit with the console.. (I like the megashifter look though....

------------------
Chris's 67 RS 327,can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
check out another site once in a while! http://www.fbodyconnection.com

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here are the pics of my car with a megashifter in my 67 with a console. I posted them in the other thread also.

Dan

------------------
67 Pro-touring Camaro-327, 9:1 Comp XE268 Cam, Perf. RPM Intake. 750 Holley, Sportsman II Heads, Ceramic coated headers, 700R4 trans, 17" wheels, 12" disc brakes, custom stereo, black with white stripes, cowl ind. hood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts