Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All...I have a 67 Coupe with a 327, edelbrock performer mainfold and 600 cfm carb. right now i have my throttle linkage and kickdown more or less rigged up so it works like it is supposed to. however, i cannot seem to get the tranny kickdown to work like its supposed to. can anyone out there with basically the same setup as me snap a picture of how you have your linkage set up and forward it to me. i would really appreciate it!

just so you all know; i am getting out of the Army next Friday! after over 9 years and a combat deployment, i am proud to have served and i am looking forward to getting into the civilian world and seeing what it is all about!

thanks for all your help!

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Hey Aaron,, you are doing a good job man. As for the photo, I can recall what the kick down looks like and how its hooked up to a Qjet, but I can't image how to hook it up to a Edelbrock. Think you have to have the main switch bracket. Will take a look in the AIM manual and see whats there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Aaron,

Appreciate your service in the Army - I'm on my 20th in the Air Force this year. Hope the grass is greener for you in the civilian world.

Don't know if these photos help or not - I'm running the Performer intake on my 327 with a Holley Street Avenger. I purchased the Lokar kickdown and works pretty well compared to the original kickdown on first gens.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. One more question...how difficult is it to convert to a throttle cable instead of a throttle rod? I have yet to look into that issue, but I definately will if it will make my life easier!!!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pic!!! About the conversion, I was speaking of converting the throttle rod to a throttle cable...What are you guys and girls thoughts on that? Does it work well, what do you recommend?

Again, thanks for the pictures!!!

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts