Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see the way the pump is supposed to sit on the SBC 350 with no accessory holes in the heads. Anyone have pictures?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Good question!!! I will be waiting for some pics here also. I am needed to put my power steering pump back in it's stock location and will also need to see how the brackets attach.

metalchecker, I did get to see a '69 302 DZ with power steering at a show last month. The top bracket is attached under the manifold bolt closest to the edge. The lower bracket attached to the block near the crank. I need those brackets real bad :rolleyes: since someone has used some from another application.

·
10,153 Posts
There are two brackets, a low perf and high perf.
The low perf is cup shaped and it hits large balancers.
The high perf looks like this:

It clears the balancer and has two pieces of tube and uses long bolts.
There is a separate adjuster plate that runs behind the pump and it has a long leg that goes to the top front motor mount bolt on the block.
There is a special bolt with a stud coming out of its head that holds the bracket.

69 comes off the water pump boss.
I have a fiew more photos on my steering page.
David

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thaks guys but I have the low performance cup shped brakets now thanks to Joe.! I believe that one side bolts to a boss on the water pump but I am not sure about the back side of the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts