Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some minor interior work on my car this winter. I have the origianl pillar moldings that appear to be vinyl/foam with a steel backing. One of them has a few cracks in the vinyl. I would like to repair them if possibble. Is there anyway to repair cracks in the vinyl. I am looking fo a simple solution, other than than eastwoods rather expensive vinyl repair kit. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I can't help you with the repair advice, but I would think it would be difficult to fill cracks and get the texture right. Redying is not a problem. Just clean with TSP, prime with proper primer, use adhesion promoter, and good dye. (all available from resto houses)

DON'T BUY THE REPOP! They are about 3/8" shorter tahn the originals, and do not seat properly on the dash pad. I bought an excellent used pair on ebay, for about $15.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I agree with unreal, stay away from the repops, they are garbage, I picked up a nice used set on ebay for about 20 bucks.......KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69 SS/396 CLONE!

<A HREF="http://hobbystage.net/camaro/69ss396" TARGET=_blank>Hobbystage Texas Tornado Website

</A>

North Texas Camaro Club

1 - 3 of 3 Posts