Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the pillar post pieces go on top of the dashpad or do they get tucked underneath on the sides?

Should I install the pillar posts 1st or the dashpad?

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
dashpad, then the piller posts...If they are repro, don't be suprised if they are a little short....don't ask me how I know...:sad:

·
Registered
295 Posts
:hurray: Hold on Hold on, Hope its not to late, save your old ones, if you did great redo those, if you have repos try them, if you have any problems send them back & :angry: If they fit, awsome, We need to stick together on the subject of parts not fitting for the cash we dish to these companys:boxing: , they should be trying to eliminate these problems. Sorry piller post moldings is a touchy subject for me.:(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, Great. I don't have the originals unfortunately.

The repros seemed to be long enough, although the dash pad seems a bit short and in now wide enough.

There appears to be a small gap between the pillar post and the dash pad. Looks ugly. Not sure what I'm going to do about it though.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
The gap is pretty common with the after market dash pads. Only thing to do is make sure your dash is painted in that spot. Luckily mine was black so it doesn't show that much. I'm surprised your pillar moldings are long enough. I have yet to see the drivers side come up to the top of the window molding. Glad you got a good set.

·
Registered
601 Posts
:sad: oh no i got repos and not to putting them in yet. guess looking at more parts returning lol. why cant they make proper fitting parts with technology today

1 - 7 of 7 Posts