Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,
Here we go again.
I know i still need a TKO600 but money is tight for us all and im trying to wait as long as possible.

Went to an awesome car show yesterday with my 69 Camaro BBC 498, fresh 4-speed, new Center Force dual friction clutch/ pressure plat, throwout bearing and a Bronze bushing.

All of a sudden and not all the time but when i stop and then go to take off, right when i let the clutch just start to grab it makes this whinny/growling sound, not realy a squeal sound or a high pich. It goes away right when the clutch is all the way engaged and disengaged but its right when it start the grab from a stop to start.

I think of course the bushing or the throwout bearing, but could it also be the input shaft bearing wearing out the bronze bushing and would an adjustment help.

Thanks guys again:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i just checked my clutch adjustment and it had about 1/2 of play between the fork and rod. I adjusted it and now has about 1/16 of an inch of free play between the rod and fork.

Its probably still gonna need to be pulled but what the heck, see if this will give me some time.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
when my pilot bushing was bad, my car whinned in neutral until I stepped on the clutch. When I rebuilt my engine, I found out the bushing was spinning in the crank. New bushing fixed that. I bet adjusting your clutch will solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when my pilot bushing was bad, my car whinned in neutral until I stepped on the clutch. When I rebuilt my engine, I found out the bushing was spinning in the crank. New bushing fixed that. I bet adjusting your clutch will solve the problem.
Thank you for the reply, im hopping that it was just out of adjustment too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts