Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a new dash wire harness in my no air 4 speed with console x22.I have a black female plug.Does anyone know what plugs into this??Called and emailed M&H wiring with no response.Thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
Don't remember what colors the Neutral Safety switch wires are. Purple rings a bell though.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The only other thing I could think of is if it has two Pink and one purple wire, it could be the turn signal Flasher wires. A picture of it would help.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would guess neutral safety switch on the clutch pedal, these are purple. Is it a heavy gauge wire? The NSS has 2 fat wires going to it with a black plastic female plug.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,648 Posts
What section of the dash harness is the plug located in?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,648 Posts
Post a picture of the plug, would help out a lot. I can’t think of a purple/pink plug there. I know the pink/green backup light plug is in that area and the purple/white purple NSS plugs are there

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Are the wires in a black right angle plug ?.

Ignore the color wires, just how the plug is laid out.

Can you add who's new harness this is you are working with as maybe they have a schematic or diagram available ?

Jim

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yes it looks like that. Like you say, plug is black and the two wires are purple and Pink. Pink wire is a little bigger diameter than the purple. (He sent me a picture). Harness is from M&H and he states he has not been able to get anyone there to contact him. I really thought it was for the directional flasher but my OEM has two pinks and a purple....

·
Super Moderator
32,602 Posts
Directional flasher and as OE harness is, two pink wires.
One pink from fuse panel, the second pink to NSS for back-up lights.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Post a picture of the plug, would help out a lot. I can’t think of a purple/pink plug there. I know the pink/green backup light plug is in that area and the purple/white purple NSS plugs are there
Picture posted

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Looks like nuetral safety switch for an automatic car; but I would expect both wires to be purple.

Do you have two wires going to a two prong parallel plug (instead of at a 90 degree angle) that are both purple with white stripe?

Four speed used the parallel plug to a switch on the clutch pedal. Mine is bypassed, as are many others.

Auto uses one like your show; but like I said, both wires should be purple uf that is what it is. Looks like 12 gauge wire. Not much else under the dash that is that thick other than the red wire to the headlight switch.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Al may be right. The AIM wiring diagram shows a 12 and a 20 pink wire going to the same terminal and a purple wire on the other terminal. They may have just combined the two pink wires somewhere else in the harness instead of using that terminal as the junction.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Trying to help, I googled M&H wiring and got onto their site and they say in a FAQ section that they do not respond to e-mails but to call and then they also state they do not supply schematics except in some specialized wiring.

They also had this about us questioning the amount of wires on a plug you have and how it might be different than it was originally:

The harness I received appears to be different than my original?

Everything should match your original harness perfectly. Please keep in mind that all harnesses are built using the most current GM revision. From time to time you may notice slight differences from your original harnesses. These differences normally do not affect fit or function.

It also goes on to:

If you have any questions though, please contact our technical support line at (562) 926-9562.

Please do not e-mail us with technical questions or problems, you will not receive a reply. Call !!!

I have been doing car audio installations for years and like I stated before maybe see if you have power and do some continuity checks. I've had through the years chopped off radio harness ends and then have to figure out what wires go to what speakers, which wires are power at different key positions, and what is a ground.

Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts