Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rich Christensen crashes on a crotch rocket during last nights episode.

Thank god he didn't get seriously hurt but it's a good lesson not to jump into or on something your not familiar with and wind it up.

Here's a clip on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMSqJva20-o

Rich

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright Matt, calm down....

Iv'e rode a Harley for the past 25 years and where I come from "Sport Bikes" are called Crotch Rockets. Now... In the exact same sense folks call harleys "hogs". It's nothing to get personal over. It's just a word.

And FWIW Rich Christenson also called it a C.R. ;)

Have a good day.

Rich

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have a sport bike, and I have rode with people who have harleys its a riding thing, I would never look at someone bc of the bike. Only reason why there were named that is bc of bad decison they made ie: wheelies, shoppies, etc

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Sport bike, crotch rocket, whatever. The best race I ever ran was in California. I raced a dood that had a sportbike/crotch rocket and beat him and you would have thought I'd burned down his house.
He was SO PO'd that he lost a race to a car.

But I felt it was great. Not easy to beat those guys, they buy these things and feel its impossible to get beat by a car but its not.

He was an Air Force cop and I was stationed on the same base as he was. He was so angry with me that I beat him, that he constantly followed me on base to try and give me tickets.
I enjoyed that very much.

Anyway, I think Rich is a bit full of himself and maybe that incident grounded him a little.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alright Matt, calm down....

Iv'e rode a Harley for the past 25 years and where I come from "Sport Bikes" are called Crotch Rockets. Now... In the exact same sense folks call harleys "hogs". It's nothing to get personal over. It's just a word.

And FWIW Rich Christenson also called it a C.R. ;)

Have a good day.

Rich
If it would of been a V-Rod,would Matt of made a comment?Nice car Rich,I have a 67 RS/SS big block

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Only reason why there were named that is bc of bad decison they made ie: wheelies, shoppies, etc
What's a shoppie? That's a new one on me. lol., I ride a "crotch rocket", and yes that is what it is, a 200hp rocket under your crotch! Or even better, a "rice burner crotch rocket"

·
Registered
551 Posts
Um - here in MI I use to race AMA GP's (going back to the late 80's) at Grattan we called our "Sport Bikes" CR's all the time. For me it was based on the way the seat fits your body and the sheer acceleration. It was never really considered a derogatory term. Much like HOG I think stands for Harley Owners Group?

·
Registered
309 Posts
He is the biggest joke of a Host.. but that show was wild lastnight

JAP [email protected] For all you that buy and support the foreign companies have fun chopping them up and eating them when there are no jobs left in our country!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
What's a shoppie? That's a new one on me. lol., I ride a "crotch rocket", and yes that is what it is, a 200hp rocket under your crotch! Or even better, a "rice burner crotch rocket"

That 3 time's more HP the the Chevette I had back in the day SICk :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
My sport bikes were all crotch rockets. My Camaro is as a$$ rocket. My Superduty V10 is a gas hog. A rose by any othr name is a rose.

Pinks is a waste of time. Bad TV is bad TV, even when it is about cars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This age of politcly correct is nuts, crotch rockets, rice burners, should we not call our cars "muscle cars" thats not politcally correct, I think people take things way to personal and are way too sensative. Lighten up maybe that's why people are so stressed nowadays.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
This age of politcly correct is nuts, crotch rockets, rice burners, should we not call our cars "muscle cars" thats not politcally correct, I think people take things way to personal and are way too sensative. Lighten up maybe that's why people are so stressed nowadays.

I think the correct term now for muscle car is 'efficiency challenged cars'.....:D :D
Muscle car could possibly intimidate someone so it is insensitive to use that term.
Sport bike was taken by the moped and Vespa people so for crotch rockets, its more PC to say 'genatalia accelerator'....

:D :D

Rice burner is now no longer PC. We now are asked to call them 'Asian economy enhancing vehicles' or AEEV's.
AERV is no longer acceptable due to protest from Japanese automakers. American Economy Ruining Vehicles, is no longer PC. :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
i did see that video before also a while ago. i too dont like the show much. one day when i was watching, my wife commented on how stupid the show had seemed.

as for the crotch rocket, they have been called that since the day of the interceptor. at least here in the s.f. bay area. it wasnt called because of the wheelies but as what tstone said, the way you sit on the bike and obviously how fast they go.

softail, as far as the "jap crap" term, they were mentioning how honda and toyota are now becoming american companies. this i because how they employ thousands of amercans here in the u.s. since they have manufacturing plants here. im all about buying american and god knows that ive fought for my country and even work to protect everyones rights here in the us but its not as simple as just not buying a non ameican brand. american and foreign countries have products so intertwined, we would not be able to just "buy amercan" anymore. take for instance the sr 71 blackbird. you would figure that you couldnt get more american that that. well, the titanium metal that they got to build it didnt come from america. we had to buy it from hostile countries.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts